When the days get shorter and temperatures fall in Greenville, SC you need to think about winterizing your outdoor kitchen. It is also a good time to clean your outdoor appliances. Below you will find some tips and advice on winterizing your outdoor space. As not all spaces are the same, some of the suggestions may not be for you. Please refer to your user manuals for exact procedures.
- Make sure you turn off the water supply to outdoor kitchen plumbing fixtures and do it well in advance of freezing temperatures setting in. By doing so, you can ensure that the water in the lines has adequate time to dry up, preventing pipe ruptures and big repair bills.
- Unplug all electrical items and save power, as appliances consume a small amount of power even when not in use.
- Similarly, turn off the gas supply for your cooktops, pizza ovens and grills if you’re not planning to put them to use during the winter months.
- Use approved covers to cover your items from harsh winter conditions.
- Clean the interior and exterior of your grill, cabinets, refrigeration, and other large appliances, making sure they are free of debris, twigs and leaves that have accumulated over the past season.
- A good scrub with stainless steel cleaners, followed by a polish, is recommended for all your stainless appliances and cabinets.